Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ho Ho Ho!
I love Christmas! My family loves Christmas. And is there a more fun, tiring, unending, stressful, time of the year? Nope. But... still... we look forward to it each and every year, without fail.
Family Traditions
I grew up with these same traditions, and raised my son on them. He's loved them, and so did I. It stretches Christmas day out, and makes it much more fun and long-lasting.
Christmas Eve
We head out to Mass, and then to our local Chinese restaurant, to enjoy Christmas Eve buffet. We love that. We then come home, and open one present each... new Christmas jammies. We head upstairs, put on our new jammies, and our son snacks and goes to bed, while his Dad and I stay up and wrap all the presents. In our house... Santa wraps every single item in the stocking and out... and so... so do we. We usually get to bed around 3am or later, once everything is done and put under the tree.
Christmas Day
We get up early (don't you all?)... and all go to our stockings. We get to open our stockings right away. Fun, Fun, Fun. Then.. we go upstairs, get dressed... and head to Mass again. After Mass, we come back home... make breakfast and coffee... and after eating... we head back to the tree with our drinks (coffee, hot chocolate, juice). Mommy hands out the gifts... one at a time, so that we can watch each other open them. By the time we're done opening our gifts... it's 11:30 or 12:00 pm!!!!! How fun is that? Most of my son's friends are finished by 7:30am...and we go on so much longer!!! I love that!

No comments: