Monday, January 24, 2011

Jaguar, Disney, and a Beauregard aka MY OWNERS

Jaguar
Jaguar... is somewhere in this house... roaming around, and most likely engaging in mischief, or sleeping.  Jag has two modes... trouble, and sleep.  Nothing in between.  He's like a child, however.  When I don't hear him... I need to worry.  Unless he's sleeping.  Sometimes, I just chance it.  I sit back and assume.  Well.. you know what they say about assuming???!!!!

And then there was Disney!!!
Disney is a stereotypical cat on the one hand... and completely a dog, on the other.  He is standoffish, self-reliant, self-absorbed, with an extreme fetish to grooming himself until he shines.  He has a somewhat grumpy countenance, and he doesn't appreciate Mommy going OUT to work.  
But LATELY... I've been working from home!  Disney (and he's there right this minute), sits extremely close by my side, as I work.  I have a Macbook Pro, so I don't need to sit at the desk.  I sit on my sectional in the family room.  I can keep my leg up (owie leg... long story)... and I have my paperwork nearby... and there is Disney... snuggled up close to my side, occasionally head-butting me to let me know how appreciative he is to have me so close, and that I apparently recognize that my true place is at home, and by his side. 

and that's fine.  I'm ok with catering to my kitty cat.  
and he's ok with it too!


HOWEVER!!!!



And then there was Beauregard!
The problematic puggle of perpetual need.

As Jag thinks he's Dennis the Menace, 
and
Disney thinks he's a Dog...
Beauregard knows he's the boss, the owner, the neediest noodle in the universe.
Well... in HIS universe, at any rate.
The closer Disney snuggles, the more unsure Beauregard gets. Surrounded by several pillows, and going back and forth between them, Beauregard does not, at any point during the day... leave my side, other than to eat, drink, or potty.

A puggle rhymes with snuggle, and that's what they do.  They are needy little beasts, that live to snuggle with their Mommy and Daddy.  It makes for a warm day, despite the frigid temperatures outside.  I have my guys on either side, loving me unconditionally...

And it is unconditionally.  All they ask is that you LET them love you.  They want to be near you.  See you, smell you, touch you, snuggle with you.  And their world is a wonderful, safe, and happy place, when they get this.  Wow.  Animals are humbling.  Even the arrogant beasts that live in my home.

Do you have any animals?
What is their personality like?


No comments: