Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Kit


So, I joined a GREAT kit club!!! It's "Scrapbooking From the Inside Out". It's SO awesome. I just received my August kit... Have a look!

The whole point of this kit is to get in touch with the real stuff... the emotions and insides that make you who you are. The important stuff. Check out the site! It's new, and full of awesomeness. Rachel Kaufman is the owner... and she's really great!!! Tell her I sent you! You won't be disappointed. Here is the link: http://www.scrapbookingfromtheinsideout.com/

==============================================================================================

Ok.. so what do I want to touch on today? I'll share the layout I created tomorrow. I didn't get a chance to scan it. It's about the theme from the kit above, and it's called Confidence. For me... confidence is like love. It doesn't get activated until I give it away. I am very confident in my son... in my husband... my friends, etc. But I have always lacked confidence in myself. I've always talked myself out of a number of things, because I expected to fail. I expected that I was not up to the task. Which is odd. I haven't failed at a huge amount of things, and yet I still expect it. I was told from the time I was a young child, that I should write for a living. I should push myself to write anywhere and everywhere, and to publish, publish, publish. Have I been published? Yes. Articles. I don't discount that that is great. I'm proud of myself. But I have had this book in me for years, and have lacked the confidence to complete it. Now, I am finally grabbing at the reins, and keeping some of that confidence I always give away, for myself. I have decided that I am capable. I am capable of comitting to this, and accomplishing it. I am capable of failing at it with grace, and moving on to create again... and try again. I have decided to allow myself to fake this confidence, until the emotion is real. So... I will finish this book. It is a book on Chronic Pain. Not a fun topic, sure... but one I know. One I understand. And one I have confidence in my ability to present.

Confidence. For me... it is one of those words that just scares me. It's right up there with Fear, and Loss, and Lonliness.

Where are you with Confidence? How has having it changed your life? How has not having it changed your life? I think this would make a great page for you!

Some sayings about Confidence:

Success breeds confidence. Beryl Markham

Have confidence that if you have done a little thing well, you can do a bigger thing well too. David Storey

Winning breeds confidence and confidence breeds winning. Hubert Green

One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation. Arthur Ashe

Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation. Source Unknown

Confidence is the bond of friendship. Publilius Syrus

Confidence is a lot of this game or any game. If you don't think you can, you won't. Jerry West

True prosperity is the result of well-placed confidence in ourselves and our fellow man. Burt

Confidence and courage come through preparation and practice. Source Unknown

The trouble with ignorance is that it picks up confidence as it goes along. Arnold Glasow

Confidence is courage at ease. Daniel Maher

Ninety-two percent of the stuff told you in confidence you couldn't get anyone else to listen to. Franklin P. Adams

Assurance is two-thirds of success. Gaelic Proverb

Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence. Michael O'Brien

One who has lost confidence can lose nothing more. Boiste

Confidence in golf means being able to concentrate on the problem at hand with no outside interference. Tom Watson

If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that ... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it. John Lennon

Confidence awakens confidence. Friedrich Von Sachsen

When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you. Lao-tzu

No comments: