Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to Hubby!!


Happy Birthday to my WONDERFUL Husband, Gary! 

I am sorry to have to break it to you all... but I truly AM the luckiest and most blessed woman on the planet!!!  My husband is such a great guy.  We've been together since I was just 18!  That was .....

are you ready for it???????????????????

Oy

  -
  -
  -
  -
  -
  \/
  \/

30 Years Ago!!!!!!!

Wow.  Hardly seems possible!

Anyway... Here we are, at the office... and my man is celebrating a birthday.  29 AGAIN!

Last Night!
Last night, we went to an awards show for Dana.  We knew he'd gotten some award, but didn't know why.  He received TWO awards.  One was for exemplary achievements in the city and at school.  We are very proud of him.  I promise I won't go on and on again.  LOL  I am in the middle of buying a camera.  Ours just went wonky.  So last night, I bought a disposable for the event.  So no pictures for now. :(  Sorry. 

Me!?

I am seriously trying to decide where to go with my scrapbooking.  I love what I do.  I can't imagine going through a day without Scrapbooking.  And I want to belong to a community, and get close to those in it.  I just want to find an *online neighbourhood* that fits.  I've been looking.  With that being said, I've tried out for a few Manufacturing teams.  The last two I applied for had full mailboxes.  The first one let me submit, because they knew they'd had issues.  The second one?  Not so much.  In fact, I got a terse sentence back saying I was too late.  Period.  I went way out of my way to submit to them.  I drove to another city looking for their product.  I set time aside in the middle of a move.  I took time away from work.  I just did whatever, because it was worth it to me.  I can take submitting and not getting the position because I'm not what they are looking for.  But after submitting a number of times, and then discovering they didn't get it, and submitting a bit past the deadline because they didn't get it, and then too bad, so sad.  Ugh Ugh Ugh. I'm seriously considering not submitting anymore.  Maybe I'm not cut out for manu teams.  Are you on any?  Did you know anyone on the team when you were invited on it?  Advice?

3 comments:

ellen s. said...

happy anniversary! i am on some teams but that would never change the reason why i scrap and that is because i love love love love it. it also took me countless times...more than two ...a lot more than two, LOL!

i have two sites i love love love...www.scrapadilly.com and http://fortheluvofart.forumg.biz/forum.htm they are both very different but that is why i like them.

hope that helps!!! have a goooo day :)

Adrienne Pierce said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby! 30 years is something to be proud of! COngrats to your son!!!

Hmm. as far as communities, the one that I am partial to is www.scrapattackscrapbooking.com I LOVE every one on there. They are all so sweet and definatly inviting. They have monthly challenges and ongoing ones as well. They are seriously some of the most awesome ladies ever! To prove I am not just a "name dropper" A few months back, due to what I now refer to as "the incident" (http://naptime-equals-scraptime.blogspot.com/2010/04/weekend-of-work.html) I lost my 90% of my collection of embossing powders, glitters, paints, shimmers, and sprays. The ladies not only pulled stuff from there supplies, they bought me TONS and gave me a gift card...simply because "that is what friends do" (http://naptime-equals-scraptime.blogspot.com/2010/04/sassy-love-heard-round-world.html)I had only been a member of the site for a little over a month. The site owner Lauri, gets to know you, personally and cares about each of the ladies there...she would NEVER turn you away because of technical issues...it just isn't her. That is the only forum I am 100% on, I have recently joined Paper Secrets and have had nothing but fun since as well.. Good LUCK!!


PS After I saw your book, I went to Micheals and bought some Gesso...so I was wondering if you could give a quick run down of how you made the pages like that? Do you just gesso every page? or what? I really wanna do it!!!

Marlene said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Seriously GORGEOUS layout! Good luck with finding a community you like. You're seriously talented, so I'm sure you won't be looking long.