Saturday, June 5, 2010

It's Time for ScrapTiffany's Recycled Blog Hop!!!

Welcome to the ScrapTiffany Blog Hop!
If you are here with ScrapTiffany's Recycled Blog Hop, make sure you started HERE!  That's where all the fun starts, and I'd hate to have you miss something!
Well, a couple of my projects didn't make it here today, because I packed the cord for my camera!  Uh huh.  If you could see my house, and all of the boxes, you'd know what a problem that is.  But you can't, cuz I can't take a pic of that without the cord.  lol  But I do have some stuff to show you anyway, thankfully!  I use a LOT of recycled product in my scrapbooking.  I use it when I store things.  I use it when I'm creating pages, cards, altered whatevers, and  I use it when I'm in the mood to change up stuff I already have.  Like a side table!  I've altered one of those!  I love altering boxes.  Just any kind.  Then, I can keep my things in it, and they feel more precious and fun somehow.  When I store notes in a plane box, I feel odd.  Like I'm being lazy or something.  When I take that same box, and fix it up, add some paper, ribbon, flowers, letters, and bling... somehow it feels special.  Like the notes in the box somehow take on a different meaning.  I even love to alter packaging.  Whatever packaging my product comes in.  How fun is that!  This project, for example... had some prima flowers in it. 

Recycled Prima Box
Prima is known for some amazing packaging.  K & Co. also has some awesome packaging!  Here is a box that originally had prima flowers in it. I put the pictures of my wedding inside, so that they faced both ways. I posted the photos on a piece of packaging board, and on the plastic outside.  I attached the lid with ribbon thru eyelets on the lid and the package. Then I decorated the inside and outside of the container with various paper, flowers, decor, paint, and other items that were recycled.  The butterflies came off of a package of candy we got for Easter.  The ribbon trim was on a basket.  I am hanging this up in the dining room.


Recycled Book
I love to recycle books.  I love to grab an old book out of a used book store, and either dress it up with gesso and paint,  and various fun items around the house, or else, make an album out of an old book.  Or maybe an art journal.  How fun!  This book is strictly for decor.  It's on my fireplace.  It was made with a lot of gesso (to stiffen the pages, and hold them together in this form.  Then I added various varnishes and agers, and rubons, along with whatever embellishments I was moved to add.   The great thing about recycled books is that you can create whatever you like out of them.


Cards

The best thing about cards?  You can use everything that's left over or recycled, and make some great cards!  The first card is made out of all of my left overs, and a piece of recycled box.  I love using recycled boxes.  They make great decoration, and I love to use them as stamps..




This card, I used a piece of lace from an old doll dress.  I also used a flower from a corsage cluster.  and of course, all of the rest of the material are scraps.  Love those scraps!  

Well... now that we're through here.. head on over to Bree's!  I promise that she'll be inspiring, and you'll have a blast!

OH.. and By the way!  I have some stamps for one of my followers (new or old).  If you want these, please leave a comment!  They are Autumn Leaves All Occasion Word Art Clear Stamps!  I'll also send some lace and other embellishments that I can put inside.  

Don't miss out on all of the ladies in the hop!  Here is the whole list!
Sandie   You're HERE

Enjoy!!!  And thanks SO much for stopping by!

29 comments:

anazelia said...

love that recycled prima box. I have a couple of those little boxes too. never occurred to me to do that.

TR said...

I've always wanted to do one of those
books..... They are so cool.

TR

mrstjf2000@yahoo.com

Jackie said...

Thesea are all wonderful!

Laurel said...

Wow, how fabulous!

Liz said...

Gorgeous! Love what you've done with the box!!

Stacy said...

I just love all your altered projects! So smart and beautiful!

April Hummert said...

Love the Prima box! Cool ideas!

Pamela said...

Wow! These are all fantastic! :)

**Treefrog** said...

I am Lovin your Altered book, along with everything else! I too love to repurpose things, packaging, books, furniture, anything I can get my hands on, (it drives my hubbie crazy!) I also love to go to auctions and yard sales and ALWAYS find great things to alter and half the time the people give me it because they think it's junk LOL (little do they know LOL) Well I don't comment often enough but I've been a follower for awhile and always love your stuff and from someone who understands your obsession with "stuff" you can't throw away, keep up the great creations!
Take Care, Theresa K

Sheri Twing said...

Gorgeous recycled projects!

Salnclts said...

I love your ideas! I'm going to be making an altered stenograph book cover this summer and participate in a bottle swap sometime soon as well!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

These are great ideas.

Connie said...

Great recycling ideas. I've been following everyone's blog for all the cool ideas!! Thanks for sharing.

ellen s. said...

fab fab fab!

Betty said...

Lots of awesome ideas! Thanks :)

Summer Braxton said...

love that book.... super cool

mom2fivekiddos said...

I love your blog! Awesome Ideas!!!! Keep it up!

Sharyn DePriest said...

I love that altered book! So beautiful.

Unknown said...

Way cute. Especially love that Prima box.

Karen said...

Nice! This is my first blog hop and you ladies really have great things!! : )

Janelle said...

I love the altered prima box you did, it absolutely breath taking! Your work is awesome, keep it up :)

Janelle said...

Forgot to mention a couple things. I got a chance to view the rest of your blog and took a look at your layouts, they are amazing!

I also noticed that the scrappers block blog is gone after following the link. Just a heads up :)

VAKAnomi said...

ou my coz...love that prima box...and what a mini....love love love those...You are very talented

Mirja from Finland

CraftyRia said...

I love your projects! The prima box is really cool and I love how you used lace on the card.

I am a new follower of your blog, too!

Adrienne Pierce said...

ok seriously that book is the neatest thing I have never used gesso...looks like I am gonna have to find me some! I have so many un-used books that I could try that out on!! Thanks so much for sharing...

becca said...

amazing!!! thanks for the inspiration!

Beejay said...

You are so clever and talented! Thanks for sharing with us!

Nicole Brenna said...

WOW great projects... who knew you could do so much with the stuff we usually throw away

Melinda AKA medialady said...

Love these recyled projects! Gives me a lot of ideas!