Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31, 2010

Wow.  The end of May.  Can you believe it?  The weather has been hot (consistent 30's here)... (which for my American friends is high 80's and beyond)... and NO RAIN.  Ahhhh.  Nice.  It's a busy day today, and the sun is shining.  I love the sun shining, even when I'm stuck at the office behind a desk.  :)  it's all good.  And Speaking of my American friends...
Happy Memorial Day!

My Book
For those of you who have asked, my book is going well. Wouldn't it be nice if we could write our own world?  If we could sit down and type, and change the fabric of our existence?  If it were only that simple!  In a way, when you write, that's just what you do.  It doesn't last, of course... but still... it's nice.  I couldn't sleep last night, and I opened my Macbook Pro, and read a few of the last pages I'd typed, closed my eyes, and started to walk.  I got lost in the journey.  There she was, walking down the street... the night as dark in her world, as it was in mine..but her world was infinitely more exciting... more thrilling... more tiring.  As I walked through this latest adventure, my heart racing, while it waited to discover what would happen next, the character did something I just didn't expect her to do... and poof.  Back I was on my couch, staring at the words, wondering how on earth she'd get herself out of this.  Luckily, I was then tired enough to sleep, and lucky enough to be able to leave that existence in a locked file, and start back into my much less exciting, but much more peaceful place that I occupy.  :)  Still... it would be nice sometimes, to write my own adventure, as easily as I write hers.

Challenge 22
Today is Challenge day at ScrapTiffanys.  Head on over HERE, and have a look at what the Design Team created today, and what the challenge is!  I won't tell you what the challege is.. you'll have to go and see for yourself.  Me?  I had no problem with this one.  Just the opposite, in fact.  LOL  But some people find this a real tough challenge.  How about you?  This layout is called Deep Thoughts.  It's my son.  We were out at a farm, having a party/bonfire, etc.  This old dog was quite a lumbering jack, and Dana sat quietly watching him for quite awhile.  The made quite a pair.  This is my layout. I don't think you can figure out the challenge by this. lol




A Card
I was doing an application for the KaiserCraft Design Team, and I threw this card together.  I love this Kaisercraft paper, and I've used it all up except for a tiny bit.  So I decided to make a card with it rather than throw it out.  I usually keep all scraps anyway, but with the pending move, I'm having to put everything in it's place.  :)  Anyway... I like the card.  Glad I used this tiny piece of scrap for somthing.  It's a very soothing paper.

No comments: