Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF

Thank GOD It's Friday.
I need it. Business isn't as fun as it used to be. I would come in the office before,and I would enjoy myself. Now, not so much. The economy takes a lot of the fun out small business.
I'm just saying.
I did come across a couple of Quotes that I thought were appropriate for those of us waltzing delicately through this economy...
"Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times."
Yesterday.. I spoke about Pessimism and Optimism. So I thought this was appropriate to put here today. It's a great quote, i think.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

I did a layout yesterday. I need to climb out of my rut. I keep doing the same layout over and over. I hate that. Here's the layout I just did.








Leadership and the Future

My son's Principal approached him yesterday, and asked him if he would be interested in attending a week long Leadership Convention in Ottawa. He told him that it would be wonderful for his resume, and for acceptance into the University of his choice. So, Dana is thinking about it. I hope he goes. They sent him to one last year... A Hoby Leadership Convention... and it changed his life. It certainly changed him, as a person. He would need to fundraise $800... but the schoolboard would find the money, if need be. That's what his principal said.

16 is a difficult year, so I really appreciate when things like this take place. I know that children are getting into a lot of trouble at this age, and I just want him kept busy, kept motivated... and kept out of much of the trouble. These teen years are not for the faint of heart.
My FIRST Attempt
Ok.. so keep in mind that this is my very first attempt at this. But I thought I'd try and put something here each week, to inspire. Here is a sketch that I drew up today. Hope someone can make use of it. It's 8.5 x 11... but you could make it a 12 x 12, easy enough.