Saturday, August 16, 2008

A New Computer

A New Computer... FINALLY!!!

I finally got myself a new computer... on Thursday. I hooked it up today. Why wait so long? I wanted to clean the area, top to bottom. I wanted to upload a number of my pics and layouts to photobucket. I wanted to email some important files to one of my email accounts. And I wanted to wait until the weekend when I'd have more time to get it all done.

Whew.

This computer is so nice! It's an HP... 500 gb harddrive... 4.00 gb ram, and a 64 x 2 dual core processor, with 5000+ 2.60 GHz

Ok... so what does that mean exactly? It's fast. And the monitor is an awesome 22 incher, wide format... very nice to do graphics on. Very nice to do anything on, actually. Yay me. AND it's pretty. With every rainbow, one must endure some rain, however. I don't like the keyboard. It's smaller, more compact, and the keys are somewhat off for me. And .... ok... you MUST know this is coming...

IT'S GOT VISTA PREMIUM.

Vista. I'd like to talk to the yahoo that developed vista. They hate people. It's a nasty OS. It's mean, hateful, confusing (and I believe ON PURPOSE)... and just generally a pain in my patootie.

But I will not let it dampen my new computer spirits. I need to come up with a name. I'm thinking "Zelda". ? What do you think? "Muse"? That's a good name too.

I'll think on it. Any suggestions?

What do you think about Vista? Have you gotten used to it? Learned to bury the hatchet? Developed a friendship? Temporary alliance with it? Or have you got a love/hate relationship, that is just biding it's time, to end it and move on?

Now I can make my way back to my favourite forums!

No comments: