Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 14, 2009

BEAUdacious BEAUREGARD
(the problematic puggle of perpetual need)

I've had to do it. I've had to remove his *friend* from the large mixture of playthings that Beau enjoys in his stash. This particular friend is multi toned tan and brown, furry, cute... and stuffed. Unfortunately, it is also the source of immense enjoyment for Beauregard. He looks upon this particularly large stuffed dog, as his personal, very close friend. Do I need to go on? Beau is fixed. I believe in being responsible with my animals. If I'm not breeding, I have them spayed or neutered. And yet... still... with this one particular large stuffed dog... Beau gets very excited about their friendship. And when he does? It doesn't go away so well. Picture it! So.. there I am... at the office.. sitting at my desk, trying to put out morning fires... when I notice that Beauregard is standing, unmoving, in the middle of the office. he is slightly hunched, staring at me with a look of pleading, confusion... and not just a little cavalier jaunt. I stared, trying to figure out what was wrong with my honey, when I noticed something large, ungainly, and dare I say it... out of place on such a small body... and I knew. What followed... was me running my dog to the washroom, trying to splash cold water on his wee wee, him.. confused.. unfinished... protruding... and looking for his *friend*. The sheer indignity of it! The expression he gets on his face is outstanding. Of course... it's tough to concentrate on his face at this given moment. And people... if present... are staring. Laughing... staring... no... gawking... and thanking whatever God they believe in, that it's not them, running with this pugnacious puggle with the prodruding part... trying to *make it go away*.

Yes. His friend is now stuffed in the closet. I think we'll send him away when Beauregard isn't looking. We'll see if we can make it happen. Right now.. Beau is planted on his Daddy's knee, looking less than pleased with whatever has happened this morning. And with the loss of his *special friend*. Not to mention ... the loss of his *special friend*. :P

Now perhaps... I can work? My dejected puggle can just learn to get along with his less arousing playmates. Froggy, Monkey, or Binky. But he is wearing a woe-begone expression right now.







Another Sketch (cuz I need the practice)
... and I enjoy doing them.

3 comments:

audrey neal said...

omg, I'm cracking up so much!!! that is hilarious! and I've seen it happen to several doggies! poor guy...*lol*

Kate said...

OMG! that is too funny! Dyson has a raccoon that he was attached to in a very similar fashion. he is also fixed. I got rid of it only to have him transfer he "love" to another object... my couch throw pillows! YUCK! he now has a new friend and I have new couch pillows... Aren't pets FUN?!

thank you for backing my peeve I'm not just a cranky PMSer after all. ROFL!

Pamela said...

LOL! Love the title of your post too!