Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1, 2009

It's COLD!
I think someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that it's bloody JUNE FIRST, for goodness sake. I'm freezing. Geez. And it doesn't matter that I'm at the office... I still have to be out there off and on all day long. We can't forget Beauregard, the problematic puggle of perpetual peeing. He lovely as he lays under my desk right now... but he becomes frequently needy, and out we go. Oh well. One of the joys of having a dog. Speaking of which...

My Kato
I bought a new movie yesterday.. and watched it while I worked in my scrap room last night. It's called "Marley and Me", and I haven't sobbed that much at a movie, since I watched Old Yeller years ago. I do own the movie... but I'll never watch it again. It drained me. I used to own a dog... Kato. We had to put him down when he was 13. It nearly destroyed us. During the part that they put this dog down, and he closes his eyes. I remembered Kato, as we did the same thing. So I wanted to post a picture of my beautiful Kato, that came before Beauregard. Kato was everything Beau is not. He was large. He was sweet, and didn't have a self serving bone in his body. He lived to please us. He lived to love us. He was unspeakably wonderful. I'm going to do a layout, or a large hanging frame of Kato. I'll post it when I get it done.










And....

A layout...

Here is a layout of Dana and the girl he took to her prom. Her name is Julia. Don't they look great? The photo doesn't show how purple her dress is, and his shirt is. They're a very beautiful and vibrant purple.
Last, but Not Least..... A New Sketch

4 comments:

audrey neal said...

my office is an icebox all summer long. we can't adjust the thermostat -- it's set for the whole building, so I wear long sleeves, pants, and a jacket most days.

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

I'm cold inside too - but if I step outside we are in the 90s...welcome SUMMER :D

Terri said...

Kato was so beautiful! I haven't been able to read Marley and Me or see the movie - having lost a lab I'm afraid it might just hit a little too close to home.

Kate said...

That is exactly why I couldn't watch Marley and me. Re-living our chow-lab mix, Chabby's pain do to bone cancer, and having to make the horrible decision to end her suffering would about kill me. We had her 15 1/2 years. she was my first anniversary gift to my husband. We loved her so much and still miss her every day.