Monday, June 22, 2009

June 22, 2009

My 16 Year Old's Father's Day Card to his dad?

The front of the card has a disshevelled cartoon of a man on it, with the words
"I COULDN'T PICK A BETTER FATHER"

the inside read...

"AND THAT'S ALWAYS BOTHERED ME."

LOLOLOLOLOL I laughed and laughed

Working from Home todaY!
You just can't beat it. I'm thinking that I would like to work one or two days a week. The rest of my week would be spent taking care of my home... my family... my life. Not necessarily in that order... but you get the point!

My days are structured so differently... They sound similar in theory.. but the *FEEL* so different to me.

So it occurs to me. Much of what we do, or must do... or even want to do.. is all about attitude. How we FEEL about doing something, colours how we do it. And the attitude that we bring to our daily grind, helps it to be a good day... or a bad one. I think that's why some people are just miserable all the time, regardless of how life is at that moment. They aren't choosing to be something else.
And why some people.. .regardless of how crappy their life may appear to be going.... still find joy to be had. They've chosen to be happy. I wonder how long it would take to change from one way to another? For instance... I'm a writer. I've always been the kind of person that personifies the maudlin writer. The pessimist. The downtrodden. Oh, I can smile and laugh with the best of them.. but I'm never quite so happy, as when I'm slightly miserable. I am at my most creative, when I'm feeling somewhat downtrodden.

How about you? Are you the natural joy seeker? Or do you see the sad in the face of your daily grind?

1. My workday
2. My home from work day
3. My weekend day

1. Workday..
Get up... 5:30am
... Do stuff downstairs
...Get dressed and ready while hubby walks Beauregard, the Problematic Puggle of Perpetual Need
...Go to the office with hubby, sometimes after taking son to school because he's carrying too much, or has camera equipment, or whatever
...Get to office, make coffee, feed dog (he comes to work with us)
... sit at desk, get to work
...walk dog 4 or 5 times throughout workday... 10 min or so each time
... no lunch
...head home
...make dinner
...do dishes
...do a quick clean
...spend time with family
...head into basement to work on laundry and scrapbooking
...bed by 1:30 ish

2. Home from Work Day
... up around 6:30am
... walk Beauregard, the Problematic Puggle of Perpetual Need, around 7:45 or 8:00 am
... Home by 9:15am
...worry about the office, and not being there
... Dishes...
... chores
...worry that I'm not in the office.. and about what's going on in the office
... work that needs to be done, is done now.. and throughout day.. and sent back to office
... write my book during free periods
... walk dog around noon for 40 min
...worry more about what needs doing for the office, and what's happening at the office
... walk dog around 3:30 for 1/2 hour
... make dinner
... clean up after dinner
... rest of night is the same

3. Weekend
...Get up 6:00am
...walk dog around 7:45 to 8:00 am..
...home by 9:15
...drink coffee hubby has gone and gotten from Tim Horton's... or go for breakfast
...run around
...more running around
...see a show if there is one on
...more running around
...lots more Beau walking
... write write write
... scrapbook
... no stress

3 comments:

Tracey Taylor said...

What a great card sentiment. LOL

Anonymous said...

lol...too funny! Yes, it's easy to let our days get crammed with stuff...we try to take some calm minutes around here no matter how busy it is.

Anonymous said...

Also, I totally agree about the attitude thing...