Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SPLASH!!!!!

Jumping in With Both Feet
Whew. We've been looking at adding to our fur family for awhile now. Beauregard could use a companion. Then, I was on Kijiji, and there she was. Her family had to give her up. No time for her.  Us? Well.. I guess we did have the time.  Cuz... we looked at her... and decided that we were going to adopt her. Her family changed their mind... and then called back and said they changed their changed mind.  The end result? A new fur baby in the house.  Now we have two cats AND two dogs.  Joining Disney, Jaguar (the cats), and Beauregard... the Problematic Puggle of Perpetual Need... is our latest and greatest... Mischievous Mischa, the Misbegotten Monkey. So what do you think?  Am I crazy? Or what?  Mischa is one year old... spayed, of course. But with no manners.  She doesn't come when called. She doesn't sit when told. She doesn't, for that matter, do a single thing she doesn't want to do. I've got a lot of work to do.  She IS, however.. snuggly wuggly, teenie weenie, and cute as can be, in a monkey face kinda way.  LOL  FYI.. she is a Puggle cross Morkie, with a serious underbite.  Interesting mix. 
And.. oh yeah.  She's stolen our hearts already.






 Beauregard and Mischa, coming to terms with each other.


 You mean I gotta share with HER?



 No! She meant, that as the girl... I get to keep it for myself!




I think I'll stay over here and watch from a distance...


When did I lose all control over this joint???


Hah!  I grabbed another toy. And it's mine mine MINE.


So now, begins the long journey of training Mischa. Training her to come when called. To sit when told. To drop when asked. To get down when instructed. To leave it, when ordered. And to stay, when in danger.   It's gonna be a long 3 months.  

Do you have any pets? How many?

3 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

lol!!! tooo funny. i lost all my dogs last summer, and i go back and forth. she's too adorable and love the running commentary.

ellen s. said...

no way! so cute! hahaha, this was too funny.
i love my guys so much, they always make me smile. can't wait to hear more about them

Connie Mercer said...

We don't have dogs but you can almost guess what he is thinking!