Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19, 2009

Scrapbooking and Stuff

I need to revamp my scrapbooking. I don't know which way I'm going... but I need to revamp. It's time to kick it up a notch. What do you do when YOU want to move things up? Change up your style? Do you take some classes? Start perusing galleries? Join a contest? A Challenge? Change up your supplies?
Come on... spill it. I need some advice.

Books.

The Twilight Series. I watched the Twilight movie before I read the books. Then.. I started reading the books with New Moon. After all.. I'd seen the first movie.. and wanted to move on. I finished the series, and then read the final book... Breaking Dawn... two times. It was just that good. I was dissatisfied. You know the feeling... So I went and bought Twilight, the book... and I'm reading it. When I'm done... I'll erad the book she's started... Twilight from Edward's perspective. THEN? I'll read the series again. Love those books.
... and then...

In the middle of reading these books, I continue to write my own book. Gary, throughout our entire time together.. has bugged me to write a book. He's been on my case to stop writing smaller things... and finish my novel. That's what I'm doing. I love having my words in print. So, I can only imagine the joy of having the entire novel in print... sitting on my table... with my name on it. Not an article. Not a short story. But the whole shebang. I can hardly wait to see how things work out. The story is fun... I promise you. And sexy... without smutty. We women need that dark and forbidding man.. to think about. The one who doesn't detract from the love of our lives.. but adds to it. The one that adores his woman until he can think of nothing else. Almost obsessed. That man is our forbidden pleasure. And he is the man in my book. He's consumed and strong and more than. More than what? Just more than. You'll have to read the book to find out. I love books.

Recommendations?

Any recommendations on good books? I especially love series. The ones you can sink your teeth into, and when it's done... continue onto book two. I'd love to hear your recommendations.

My recommendations? The Twilight Series. Harry Potter Series. The Chrysalides. The Clan of the Cave Bear series.

So.. here's some layouts that I did this weekend.









and Last... but not least... Another Sketch!

6 comments:

audrey neal said...

Sandie -- are you on Goodreads?
I've enjoyed the Dresden Files series. They are quick reads -- not super writing by any means, but still enjoyable. There's always a list of my most recent books for the month on my blog if you are interested. :)

As for changing up scrapbooking, I went digital. That really gave me the challenge I was looking for -- learning a new medium and really defining my style while I was at it.

Pamela said...

Great layouts. And I have tried all of the above when wanting to improve my scrapbooking. :)

Sandie said...

Thanks guys. Audrey... I haven't heard of that. I'm on my way to check it out though. Thanks so much!!!

Kate said...

When I want to give my scrapbooking a shot in the arm I try new technique, at least new to me. or i buy a new toy...

Diana Gabaldon's books are AWESOME. A Dragonfly in Amber is excellent. There is 5 in the series i think. If you want a good laugh the plum novel's by Janet Evanovich are great! Starts with, One for the Money. That is where I got my pea name StephaniePlum. Very light reading.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Love those layouts! Good luck with your novel, so wish I could write well enough to do that.

Linda said...

Great layouts!! And how exciting about your novel! As far as books, I was going to suggest the Janet Evanovich series that Kate suggested above. Loved the Twilight series too!